04 December 2011

The Monthly Report

A little more than 5 months ago, I got on the scale at my doctor's office and saw a number that I'd never seen before.  A number that terrified me.  It was truly a wake up call.  Over the next few weeks, I worked to come up with an application and video that might catch the eye of the casting staff of the Biggest Loser. 

I started researching healthy eating habits and cleaned out the fridge and the pantry because I'd decided that Biggest Loser or not come September 1st, I was making some major changes in my life.  I guess I just wasn't meant for national stardom cause I never did get that call from Biggest Loser.   They truly don't know what they missed out on.  :)

Well 3 months later, not only has my body changed but my attitude about food and how I look at it has too.  I'm not saying I don't miss some of my favorites.  I do still crave chicken wings and chicken fried rice from Hop Shing and the lunch buffet at El Potro, but I know that right now they just don't fit into my life.  

I have had fun making over the things that I love to eat.  All those years of collecting cookbooks and reading recipe after recipe have come in handy while coming up with my own healthier versions of recipes.

I'm still not an exercise fanatic.  Maybe one day.

Be sure to check out my Weigh In page to see the progress I've made so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment