22 September 2011

The Silliest Thing

This is probably the silliest thing in the world to write about but this morning it made me happy so I decided to share. 
Let me start by saying, I hate belts.  Don’t know why, I just do.  I do understand that they are a necessity for some, like people with smaller hips and behind than me or those foolish boys that sag their pants down to their knees or those that feel that a belt completes a neat and pulled together outfit.  As for me, I hardly ever, let me take that back, NEVER wear anything tucked in so I don’t see the need, nobody sees my waist.
If you know me, you know I’m all about finding a bargain.  A few months ago, I got an awesome deal on some pants for work that I just couldn’t pass up.  The only catch, they were a size too big.  I figured, they’re cotton they’ll shrink.  But alas, so far they haven’t and I’ve actually had to resort to belt wearing to keep my pants up. 
When I was shopping for a belt, I refused to pay a lot of money for something I was sure was going to see very little use so off to Walmart I went.  I ended up in the men’s department and found a reversible belt that I’d be able to wear with whatever colors pants.  SCORE!!!  It just barely fit (i.e. the first hole) but it fit and it was a good price so I went with it.
Fast forward a few months to this morning.  Again, I know it’s silly to get excited about this but hey, I gotta find my joy somewhere.  When I got dressed this morning and put on a pair of my still not shrunk pants, I was able to fasten my belt on the fourth hole.  Woohoo!!!!  Something I’m doing is working because I’m definitely losing inches around my waist. 
Ok, so I’ve shared, now you can laugh at my silliness.  J

No comments:

Post a Comment