20 September 2011

On My Plate - My Favorite Things Pt. 1

Since I’ve started with my healthier eating habits, I’ve found a few products that will forever more be mainstays in my kitchen.  I’d like to share some of my favorite things and I’ll start with Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze.
For a while now, I’ve been drinking soy milk because I’m lactose intolerant and dairy isn’t always my friend.  Recently, I tried this almond milk.  OMG.  I will never go back to plain old soy.  And the bonus??? A whole 8 oz glass is only 40 calories.  It can be found in the diary case with the regular milk. 
My new favorite recipe using Almond Breeze is this scrumptious french toast.
¼ cup original egg beaters
2 tbs unsweetened vanilla almond breeze
½ tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 packet splenda
Pinch of salt
3 slices light bread (I use Sara Lee 45 calories and delightful)

1. In a medium mixing bowl, thoroughly mix the first six ingredients.
2. Spray a frying pan with non-stick cooking spray. Pre-heat pan to medium.
3. Pour egg mixture into a plate and soak each side of bread for about 15 seconds (any longer and your bread will become mushy!)
4. Cook each side of the bread for two minutes on each side, or until browned.
Served with a few of my other favorite things, Smucker’s Sugar Free Breakfast Syrup and Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Turkey Sausage Links, this awesome breakfast is only 280 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment