04 April 2012

The Monthly Report

Plus? I lost weight in March.  Minus?  It's the least that I've lost since I started.

Am I seeing the beginning of a plateau or am I just slacking?  I've been doing a Lent Challenge, trying (unsuccessfully for the last few weeks) to eat 1200 calories a day but I've stayed under my regular 1500 a day (I'm mentally blocking last Saturday).  I'm exercising at least 3 times a week.  For April, I need to get back to at least 30 minutes of activity at least 5 days a week.  We'll see how it goes. 

Bonus?  The month ended on a really high note.  In 2010, Hubbard House, the domestic violence shelter here in Jacksonville, had it's inaugural awareness walk.  I'm a long time volunteer and was eager to participate.  But actually doing the walk was not an option for me.  I was the answer lady that day, working the information booth. 

Flash forward to last Saturday, the 3rd Annual Hubbard House Awareness Walk.  I not only planned on walking, I formed a team with the lovely ladies that I work out with at Fit Chicks (and Zach!). 


I worked check in so I was unable to do the first lap of the 3.5 mile walk but I was able to do the finish the second 1.75 mile lap with a few of my teammates in under 30 minutes. And???? I ran. Yes, I said I actually ran. Just a little ways and just to catch up to my teammates as I saw them passing by the starting line but hey, you have to start somewhere.


Did anyone notice just how coordinated I was?  LOL.  I even made a bracelet to match.  Hey I knew there would be pictures taken.


3 comments:

  1. Danielle aka PixiesX3April 5, 2012 at 12:06 AM

    This is completely awesome, Tamara!!! You look great and I know you feel great too!

    For what it's worth, you may have hit a plateau but probably not if you are still losing. Keep on going on with your awesomeness and let's see what April brings! I cannot wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi you...
    you're doing great. give me a ring...504 2179
    David Demery

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tamara...what a great accomplishment...and love the matching outfit...you are too much! Congrats and don't get down on yourself...you continue on and drink lots of water...

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete